Contest Rules and Guidelines
- All Ohio Students in grades 6-12 are eligible to enter
- Students may enter as an individual or as a group
- All entries must be received by the Ohio Secretary of State’s office between March 25, 2019 and April 28, 2019
- The top five entries will be announced by May 3, 2019 and will be open for the public to vote on from May 6 through May 10, 2019
- The winning design will be announced on May 13, 2019
- The phrase “I Voted”, or a variation of the phrase, must be included in the design
- May be created digitally or in hard copy
- Must be an original sketch, drawing, painting, collage, or electronic publishing/illustration/imaging (e.g. all images must be created, enhanced or altered by the participant)
- Copyright protected images may not be included
- Stock images may be used
- Dimensions must be 1.75” diameter circle
- Outline must be circular
- Please do not include the year in the sticker design
- All artwork must be non-offensive and acceptable to all audiences
- All artwork must be non-partisan (cannot favor a political party or candidate)
- Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will not be accepted
- The Secretary of State’s office reserves the right to modify design in order to mass-produce
How to enter:
- Each entry must have a separate entry form
- No Entry will be considered without a fully completed, legible entry form
- One entry per participant
- Please do not incorporate your name or school name on the actual design. Please add your name/school to the entry form only. We ask this in order to keep the judging anonymous.
- All entries should be submitted electronically at Sticker.Ohio.gov
Selection, notification and verification of winners:
- The top five designs will be announced by May 3, 2019, selected by a panel
- The top five finalists will be notified by phone and/or e-mail address provided in the contest entry form
- Depending on number of entries received the Secretary of State’s Office reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of finalists
- The winning design will be announced May 13, 2019, selected by a statewide vote open to Ohioans of all ages
- Voting will be open from May 6, 2019 through May 13, 2019 on Sticker.Ohio.gov
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail address provided in the contest entry information
- Incomplete or false information may disqualify a contestant
- Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes express permission to use any and all winners’ names and designs for promotional purposes
- The winning design may be used as Ohio’s official “I Voted” sticker beginning on November 5, 2019 and for all general, primary, and special elections through at least 2022.
- Current stocks of “I Voted” stickers will be exhausted prior to officially adopting the winning sticker
The Secretary of State’s office will not sell or otherwise provide information concerning contest participants to companies, organizations or individuals not associated with the office, without first obtaining the express permission of the participant. Protected information includes e-mail addresses, names, street addresses, phone number or other information that participants may provide as a condition to participation in the contest.
Disclaimers and Limits of Liability:
All entries become the property of the Secretary of State’s office for all purposes and will not be returned or acknowledged. The Secretary of State’s office is not responsible or liable for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection, miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Incorrect, incomplete, mutilated, multiple, late, and any other types of defective entries will be automatically disqualified.
By entering this contest, you acknowledge that a parent or guardian and/or your school give their permission for you to be a participant.