Get Involved – Become an Application Assistant
- What is an application assistant?
- An Application Assistant is an employee or volunteer at an agency or organization that serves victims of domestic violence, menacing by stalking, human trafficking, trafficking in persons, rape or sexual battery who has received training and certification from the SOS to help individuals complete applications for the Safe at Home program.
- Application Assistants play an important role in the Safe at Home program. They are responsible for assisting victims in determining whether Safe at Home is a good safety step for them and for helping with the Safe at Home application process. Once a person is enrolled in the Safe at Home program, all questions and concerns a program participant may have about the program should be directed to the Safe at Home office.
The Safe at Home address confidentiality program is not intended to take the place of a safety plan, but rather is only part of a larger overall safety plan for victims of domestic violence, stalking, human trafficking, rape, or sexual battery. Everything that a victim would need to do to stay safe without this program they should still do with it.
- Application Assistant Training Available
- All Application Assistants must be trained by the Secretary of State’s office. If you are interested in hosting or receiving training, please follow this link to let us know: Training Contact Form.