WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT DOING BUSINESS IN OHIO?
The people. We have the unique opportunity to live and work in tight-knit communities. Buehler’s is committed to “putting people first” to the extent that we have included this in our logo - an everyday commitment to value and respect our employees, our customers, our local suppliers and vendors.
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS:
Buehler’s is a family owned and operated retailer, celebrating 85 years in business. From humble beginnings in 1929 when Ed Buehler opened his first market in New Philadelphia, Ohio…to being named “2014 Retailer of the Year,” Buehler’s has strategically grown to fourteen stores. Headquartered in Wooster, Buehler’s stores are centrally located in Ohio.
Buehler’s is recognized nationally as a pacesetter for independent grocers, and has established a number of Ohio “firsts:”
• first to offer a conveyer tote system and pick-up lane to load customers’ groceries undercover
• first to offer online grocery shopping for customer pick-up
• first to incorporate an ACE Hardware
• first to operate a vehicle on waste vegetable oil (WVO)
• one of six businesses to participate in joint program with USDA “Select Establishment Ohio”
Buehler’s is a leader in sustainability initiatives, recognized as a Green Chill Partner with EPA and receiving the Sustainability Excellence Award from Supermarket News. Buehler’s engages communities to be environmentally responsible with Community Drop-Off Centers (offered year-round in their parking lots) and Community Recycling Events (scheduled days to safely dispose of uncommon items). Buehler’s commitment to “buy local” supports over one hundred Ohio farmers, wineries, craft brewers, suppliers, and vendors.
||1401 Old Mansfield Road, Wooster, Ohio 44691, Wayne County
|Type of Industry:
1. Offering the highest quality, freshest foods
2. Buying from local partners – supporting the local economy
3. Putting People First – valuing and respecting our employees, customers and suppliers
|Number of Current Employees:
|Year Company Started: