Get Involved – Become an Application Assistant
- What is an application assistant?
- An Application Assistant is an employee or volunteer at an agency or organization that services victims of domestic violence, menacing by stalking, human trafficking, trafficking in persons, rape or sexual battery who has received training and certification from the Secretary of State’s office to help individuals complete applications to be program participants.
- An Application Assistant plays an important role in the Safe at Home program. They are responsible for assisting a victim in determining whether Safe at Home is a good safety step for them and to help with the Safe at Home application process. Once a person is enrolled in Safe at Home, all questions and concerns a participant may have should be directed to the Safe at Home office.
- Application Assistant Training Available
- All Application Assistants must be trained by the Secretary of State’s Office. Follow this link to find an upcoming training near you.
- If you have questions about training, please use the Training Contact Form.
The Safe at Home address confidentiality program is not intended to take the place of a safety plan, but rather is only part of a larger overall safety plan for victims of domestic violence, menacing by stalking, human trafficking, trafficking in persons, rape, or sexual battery. Everything that a victim would need to do to stay safe without this program, they should still do with it.