WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT DOING BUSINESS IN OHIO?
We’ve been doing business in Ohio for over a century. Why Ohio? We have access to:
- Farmers who grow the best wheat for flour milling as well as corn and soybeans
- Customers who appreciate our products and company values
- Workforce with work ethic and training
- Programs and support from a state government that is pro-business
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS:
The Mennel Milling Company is a progressive company with a rich history. With over 130 years of experience in the flour milling industry, Mennel has grown to include other strategic business ventures including popcorn and bakery mix. This growth has been guided by the vision and leadership of the Mennel family, now in its fifth generation, as well as the hearts and hands of over 500 dedicated employees.
Today, Mennel is made up of six state-of-the-art ﬂour mills; 10 country grain elevators; two trucking companies; a bakery mix facility; a popcorn facility; and other services including transportation and warehousing. Headquartered in Ohio, the company spans six states throughout the Midwest.
While you won’t see a bag of Mennel flour on the local grocery store shelf, it’s widely used commercially by nationally-known companies as well as independent bakers. Mennel flours are in many cake mixes, cookies, snack crackers, breading, batters, gravies, soups, ice cream cones, pretzels, noodles, and regionally-branded breads.
Mennel Fun Facts:
- It takes nearly 2,000 acres of wheat production to supply our mills for one day.
- Through the years, they’ve developed more than 300 unique flour recipes to meet the quality specifications of their loyal customers.
||319 S. Vine Street, Fostoria, Ohio 44830, Hancock County
|Type of Industry:
Flour/Grain, Popcorn and Bakery Mix/Foodservice
|Number of Current Employees:
|Year Company Started: