Spot Restaurant

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT DOING BUSINESS IN OHIO?

For 105 years, generations of Sidney/Shelby County and West-Central Ohio residents have been faithful and loyal patrons of locally-owned establishments such as the Spot. We also have a good working relationship with our state and local governments and agencies.

DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS:

The Spot Restaurant made its beginnings from a man named Spot Miller. In 1907, Spot brought his chuckwagon into town and set-up business at the corner of Court Street and Ohio Avenue. The city would not allow him to sell meals this way. His solution was to remove the wheels, and add some awnings to create a permanent structure.

The Chuckwagon was the restaurant between 1907 and 1934. In 1934, a more permanent building was erected at the Court and Ohio location. That structure was destroyed by a fire in 1940. After its remodeling in 1941, the current facility is a fine example of the streamlined Art Moderne architectural style with its smooth, unornamented wall surface faced with gleaming white porcelain tile. A mid-century modern neon sign still hanging over the front door is still the Spot trademark.

The Spot is a locally owned community minded business.

COMPANY STATISTICS:

Location:

201 South Ohio Avenue, Sidney, Ohio 45365, Shelby County

Type of Industry: Hospitality
Products/Services:

Fresh ground hamburgers, Homemade pies, Hand-breaded onion rings

Number of Current Employees: 60
Year Company Started: 1907
Website: www.TheSpotToEat.com

*All information was submitted by the company.