Kettering Backpack Program
WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT DOING BUSINESS IN OHIO?
Love the state of Ohio. Great place to live. We are a volunteer board doing what we can to feed our hungry children so they can become successful students and future leaders for the State of Ohio.
DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS:
The Kettering Backpack Program, founded in 2006, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with one goal: to fight childhood hunger in 16 elementary/middle schools in Kettering each week. The Kettering Backpack Program discreetly provides at-risk students with a bag of food each Friday throughout the school year. This food helps sustain the students’ nutritional needs over the weekends when school breakfasts and lunches are not available.
Initially serving only 15 students, the program has grown to feed nearly 600 students each week. Helping our children become successful students and future leaders can be accomplished only with the help of our volunteers and community partners.
- 42 percent of school age children in Kettering qualify for the free/reduced lunch program.
- 600 students in Kettering receive nutritional bags of food to sustain them over the weekend when school breakfasts and lunches are not available.
- 16 elementary/middle schools in Kettering are being served.
- Counselors choose the at-risk students who need weekend nutrition.
- The school counselors place bags of food discreetly in the student's backpacks on Fridays.
- Every week we provide the children with individual servings of fruit cups, prepared pudding, vegetables, cereal, applesauce, microwavable ravioli, mac & cheese and 100% fruit juice.
|Location:||PO Box 86, Dayton, Ohio 45409, Montgomery County|
|Type of Industry:||Nonprofit|
|Products/Services:||Serving hungry children in Kettering, Ohio|
|Number of Current Employees:||1|
|Year Company Started:||2006|
Follow The Kettering Backpack Program:
*All information was submitted by the company.