Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens

  • Motion Controls Image 1
  • Motion Controls Image 2
  • Motion Controls Image 3
  • Motion Controls Image 4

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT DOING BUSINESS IN OHIO?

Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens was built by Frank “F.A.” Seiberling, (co-founder of Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company) for his family. By sharing the story of Stan Hywet and the Seiberling family, we share the story of Akron, Ohio in the early 20th century, when Akron was known as the “rubber capital of the world.”

DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS:

Completed in 1915, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens in Akron, Ohio is the former estate of the family of F.A. Seiberling, the co-founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. It is one of the finest examples of Tudor revival architecture and the sixth largest home open to the public in the United States.

In 1957, Stan Hywet became a non-profit historic house museum so that the public could benefit from the cultural, educational, and inspirational riches of one of the most significant achievements in architecture and horticulture to come out of America’s Industrial Age. The estate includes the 65-room, 64,500 square foot Manor House, the Gate Lodge, Corbin Conservatory and 70 acres of historic gardens and grounds. Stan Hywet is accredited by the American Association of Museums and is a designated Save America’s Treasures project. It is Akron’s oldest National Historic Landmark.
Stan Hywet is open Tuesday through Sunday (closed to the public on Mondays) from April through December. The Estate hosts rotating exhibits and public programs and is available for wedding and corporate events.

COMPANY STATISTICS:

Location: 714 North Portage Path, Akron, Ohio 44303, Summit County
Type of Industry: Nonprofit
Products/Services: Historic house museum, botanical garden, architectural resource
Number of Current Employees: 96 employees, including seasonal staff and full-time staff
Year Company Started: 1957
Website: www.StanHywet.org

Follow Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens:

*All information was submitted by the company.