Ohio Military Votes Update: November 1, 2018

Ohio Military and Overseas Voter Updates

Dear Military Members and Overseas Voters:

The November 6, 2018 General Election is fast approaching. If you have requested and received a ballot, please know that your voted ballot must be submitted via mail or in person. Carefully read the instructions provided with your ballot for the proper return of your ballot.

1. Complete the Identification Envelope/Statement of Voter.
The Identification Envelope/Statement of Voter must be completed, signed and submitted along with your ballot.

If you received your ballot by mail, place your ballot in the completed and signed Identification Envelope provided.

If you received your ballot via email, place the ballot you printed out and voted into an envelope and affix the completed and signed Identification Envelope/Statement of Voter to the front of the envelope.

2. Use the Return Envelope Template provided.
Regardless of how your ballot was transmitted to you, it may only be returned via mail or in person
. (You may not transmit your voted ballot via e-mail of fax.)

Place the completed and signed Identification Envelope/Statement of Voter containing your voted ballot in the return envelope. You may affix the return envelope template to the front of your own envelope.

The form or envelope provided is postage paid in the U.S. mail, including APO/FPO and diplomatic pouches, and should be affixed to an envelope. If using foreign postal systems, postage is required. Put the correct amount of local postage on the front of the envelope, in the top right corner.

3. Mail or Return in Person by Election Day.
Ballots must be submitted for mailing by 12:01 a.m. on Election Day and received at the board of elections by November 16, 2018.

Have you received your ballot?
If you have requested your ballot, but have not yet received it at this late date, contact your county board of elections. You can access contact information for your board by selecting this link: https://www.fvap.gov/search-offices?state=35.

Registered to vote but have not requested an absentee ballot yet?

  1. Fill out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to request your ballot.You can access the FPCA form here https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca.pdf or use the Ohio automated assistant available here https://ohio.overseasvotefoundation.org/vote/home.htm to complete the form.
  2. Simply fill it out, print it, and sign it. If you plan to email your form, scan it or take a picture of it. 
  3. Return the FPCA to the Ohio Secretary of State's office by email, fax or mail. 
    • By email to your county board of elections (for a listing of email addresses visit https://www.fvap.gov/search-offices?state=35.
    • By fax to: 614-752-4360
    • By mail to:
      Ohio Secretary of State
      P.O. Box 2828
      Columbus, OH 43216-2828

Email is the quickest way! Submitting your FPCA via email and requesting that your ballot be emailed to you is strongly recommended.


  • If you need to talk to someone at the county board of elections who processed your ballot request, please contact your county board of elections (for contact information, visit https://www.fvap.gov/search-offices?state=35).
  • Reply to this email or contact the Secretary of State Elections Division at (614) 466-2585.
For additional voting and elections information visit:
www.OhioMilitaryVotes.com - For Ohio troops
www.OhioVoterPassport.com - For overseas voters

Follow OhioSOSHusted on social media