Ohio Military Votes Update: September 23, 2016
Dear Military Members and Overseas Voters:
If you have sent in a Federal Post Card Application Form (FPCA) or an absentee ballot application, your ballot will be sent out this Saturday, September 24, 2016.
The November 8, 2016 Presidential General Election is coming soon and whether you are serving in our military or living outside of the United States, you can access all of the information and materials you need in order to successfully participate.
What you need to know about being a military or overseas voter:
- You will be sent your ballot as early as 45 days before Election Day.
- You can receive your ballot electronically. Remember that you must always return your completed ballot by mail.
- You will receive a tracking number that will let you check the status of your completed ballot all the way back to your board of elections. You can also track your ballot online at www.MyOhioVote.com.
Deadline for November
If you have not already registered to vote, Monday, October 11th is the voter registration deadline. If you are not registered to vote in Ohio by this day, you will NOT be able to vote in the November 8, 2016 Presidential General Election.
If you are already registered to vote, 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 5, 2016 is the deadline to request your absentee ballot.
The FPCA serves a dual purpose: you can register to vote if you submit the form by October 11, 2016 AND you can request your ballot. If you haven’t submitted the FPCA, you can do so by following the simple steps below.
Completing the FPCA Form:
1. Fill out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to request your ballot. You can access the FPCA form available here https://www.fvap.gov/eo/overview/materials/forms or use the Ohio automated assistant available here https://ohio.overseasvotefoundation.org/vote/home.htm to complete the form.
2. Simply, fill it out, print and sign the form. If you plan to email your form, scan it or take a picture of it.
3. Return the FPCA to the Ohio Secretary of State's office by email, fax or mail. Remember your properly completed registration form must be postmarked or received by October 11, 2016.
- By e-mail to [email protected]
- By fax to (614) 485-7690
- By mail to:
Ohio Secretary of State
P.O. Box 2828
Columbus, OH 43216-2828
You may also print the address onto your own envelope using the separate return envelope here: http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/upload/sites/mrv/returnenvelope.pdf
Email is the quickest way! Submitting your FPCA via email and requesting that your ballot be e-mailed to you is strongly recommended.
Watch your inbox and track the status of your ballot
Ballots will be transmitted to the email address provided on the application. If you do not receive an email of your ballot, check the status by visiting www.MyOhioVote.com.
If you need to talk to someone at the county board of elections who processed your ballot request, please visit http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/elections/electionsofficials/boeDirectory.aspx#dir for contact information for the board of elections in your county.
We will be sending more information as we get closer to Election Day.
Do you have questions?
Reply to this email or call us at (614) 466-7709.
Follow OhioSOSHusted on social media