COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose today announced 13,747 new entities filed to do business in Ohio in March 2019. This marks the most new business filings in a single month in state history.
In comparison, there were 873 more new business filings in the state of Ohio than in the second highest month of April 2018.
“It’s a significant milestone, and one that wouldn’t happen without a business environment that encourages entrepreneurs to take chances – to innovate and grow,” said LaRose. “We’re going to continue doing everything we can to empower Ohioans to succeed.”
Below are the top five Ohio new business filing months to date:
1. March 2019 = 13,747 new business filings.
2. April 2018 = 12,874 new business filings.
3. March 2017 = 12,827 new business filings.
4. January 2019 = 12,129 new business filings.
5. May 2018 = 12,082 new business filings.
NOTE: New business filings are classified as forms filed with the Ohio Secretary of State that declare the formation of a business entity, including for-profit, non-profit and professional corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships. Filing as a business in Ohio does not guarantee the company will begin operations, be profitable, or create jobs.
Editor’s Quick Facts:
- 13, 747 new entities filed to do business in Ohio throughout March 2019.
- March 2019 set a STATE RECORD for the most new business filings in a single month.
- There were 873 more new business filings than the second highest filing month in April 2018.
# # #