COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted has announced October as “Ohio’s Future” Month. Throughout the month, Ohio Business Profile will highlight a series of businesses who are using innovation to drive the future of the Buckeye State.
“The future of our economy depends on innovation,” Secretary Husted said. “The states that get it right will be the ones that win, and the ones that don’t will fall behind. We’re doing everything we can to make Ohio a winner in the years ahead.”
Businesses profiled this month include:
- Development Consultants Incorporated (Dublin, Ohio) is an IT engineering company responsible for the technology behind some of the most recognizable brands and government agencies in the world. They specialize in cloud computing, security, design, architecture, and engineering professional services.
- Haima Therapeutics, LLC (Cleveland, Ohio) is a portfolio company of BioEnterprise co-founded by Case Western Reserve University professor, Dr. Anirban Sen Gupta and alumnus, Dr. Christa Pawlowski. They are focused on developing bio-inspired therapies for the treatment of bleeding and other blood-related ailments.
- Haney (Cincinnati, Ohio) is designed to connect and accelerate innovation in order to produce consumer-usable product samples for retail and e-commerce packaging programs. This enables brands to explore new print effects/finishes, materials, and technologies that inspire disruptive, out-of-the-box brand packaging solutions.
- InSource Technologies, Inc. (Paulding, Ohio) is a contract engineering and manufacturing company providing services to original equipment manufacturers. The company offers services in electronics, wiring harnesses, and refrigeration systems to the agriculture, fire and rescue, and HVAC industries.
- O’Gara Armoring (Fairfield, Ohio) designs, tests, fabricates, and produces vehicles and armored products of the highest caliber. The company also boasts a team that travels worldwide to repair vehicles in the field while their engineers provide design services.
- Renergy, Inc. (Delaware, Ohio) is a renewable energy company that provides a closed-loop system, which recycles waste into energy and nutrients through anaerobic digestion. Renergy operates two anaerobic digesters, both of which are located in Ohio.
In January, Secretary Husted announced that 2017 was a record-breaking year for new businesses formed in the Buckeye State. This marks the eighth consecutive year Ohio has seen a record number of new entities file to set up shop.
Since taking office in 2011, Secretary Husted has made it a priority to offer better services to Ohio entrepreneurs and businesses at a lower cost. In 2013, he launched Ohio Business Central, which allows businesses to be created online with a significantly quicker turnaround time. This efficiency allowed the state to cut the fees associated with starting a new business by 21 percent in 2015. That same year, Secretary Husted began a partnership with Google’s “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map” program making it easy for new businesses to access free tools to help them get off the ground.
Ohio Business Profile was launched in 2011 to highlight Ohio companies that create transformative products, offer outstanding service, contribute to their local communities and employ Ohioans. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website. Ohioans are encouraged to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.