COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted will host an Election Night media event in the atrium of the Ohio Statehouse as the polls close in the 2016 Presidential Election on November 8th. Secretary Husted and his staff will be on-site to monitor the delivery of election results and the Secretary will brief the media as-needed.
Secretary Husted will also be available that evening for in-person interviews as time allows.
What is the benefit of broadcasting from the Ohio Statehouse?
- The Statehouse now offers LC Fiber Connections so your outlet can simply connect from inside the atrium. The Ohio Channel will offer a connection from the Statehouse’s exterior to your satellite truck. Your outlet will be responsible for providing adaptors on either end of the LC Fiber Connection and cabling to whatever your outlet needs.
- The Ohio Channel will also be offering an HD-SDI Pool Feed from their camera in the Statehouse Atrium that outlets may access. Access is limited to this feed, so please indicate your interest in the RSVP form below.
- Risers will be available for television cameras.
- Desk space is available for you to establish a workstation.
- You may setup anytime between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Election Day. Special accommodations may be made on an individual basis.
If your outlet plans to use the Statehouse on Election Night, please use the link below to RSVP. The RSVP link will also give you the ability to reserve space for a satellite truck and an LC Fiber Connection. Space is limited, so don’t delay.
If you have questions prior to booking your reservation about the Statehouse itself or about satellite truck space, you can contact Luke Stedke at the Capitol Square Review and Advisory Board at lStedke@OhioStatehouse.org or by calling (614) 728-2130. If you have questions about the technology support offered on-site, you can contact Dan Shellenbarger at the Ohio Channel at Dan@OhioChannel.org or by calling (614) 499-6891.
All other inquiries can be directed to the Secretary of State Press Staff.