COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced today that all recognized Major and Minor Political Parties in Ohio have certified their candidates for President and Vice President of the United States, solidifying the parties’ place on Ohio’s ballot in the November 2016 Presidential General Election.
The Democratic National Committee:
Certified by Representative Marcia Fudge and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake
For President of the United States: Hillary Rodham Clinton
For Vice-President of the United States: Timothy Michael Kaine
The Green Party of Ohio:
Certified by Green Party Co-Chairs Robert J. Fitrakis & Constance Gadell-Newton
For President of the United States: Jill Stein
For Vice-President of the United States: Ajamu Baraka
The Republican National Committee:
Certified by U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan and Convention Secretary Susie Hudson
For President of the United States: Donald J. Trump
For Vice-President of the United States: Michael R. Pence
Today (90th day before the Presidential General Election) also marked the filing deadline for independent candidates for President and Vice President of the United States.
The following individuals have filed to run for President (and Vice President) as an Independent Candidate:
- Darrell Castle (V.P., Scott Bradley)
- Richard Duncan (V.P., Ricky Johnson)
- Charles Earl (V.P., Kenneth Moellman, Jr.)
- Michael Steinberg (V.P., “Rocky” Roque De La Fuente)
Secretary Husted will direct the county boards of elections to validate the petitions and signatures of the independent candidates by Friday, August 19, 2016.
The following individuals have filed to run for President (and Vice President) as a Write-In Candidate (deadline to file is August 29th):
- Michael Bickelmeyer (V.P, Robert Young)
- Ben Hartnell (V.P., Dave Marshall)
- Douglas Thomson (V.P., Thomas Ducro)
Pursuant to Section 3505.01 of the Ohio Revised Code, the Secretary will certify the official form of the ballot no later than August 30, 2016.
- Democratic National Committee Presidential Nomination
- Republican National Committee Presidential Nomination
- Green Party of Ohio Presidential Nomination
# # #