FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBUS –Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced the Ohio Business Profile Program will be featuring “Women-Owned Businesses” throughout the month of May.
“More than 300,000 women-owned businesses are helping make Ohio’s economy roar with over $40 billion in revenue for the Buckeye State,” Secretary Husted said. “Women business owners are an important part of Ohio’s economic growth for our future.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- ’83 Sweets Cupcakes (Lucasville, Ohio) is a 1980’s-themed bakery, specializing in gourmet cupcakes. Owned by a mother-daughter duo, ’83 Sweets Cupcakes sources local ingredients for over 83 custom flavors and has won “Cupcake Wars” on the Food Network.
- Kids Kastle, LLC (Celina, Ohio) fulfilled a community need when they opened the first childcare facility in the area in 2007. Children are provided with age-appropriate curriculum and high quality staff with a passion to teach children that learning is fun.
- Eagle Cliff Inn (Geneva, Ohio) has been serving customers at their bed and breakfast for over 25 years. In addition to Eagle Cliff Inn, business owner, LuAnn Busch, owns Clearwater Homes, a non-profit business providing residential services to individuals with developmental disabilities and Grape Escape, a second business that employs individuals with disabilities.
- Fur Seasons of Orient, LLC (Orient, Ohio) is a full-service pet grooming, boarding and daycare facility which houses indoor and outdoor recreational activities for both cats and dogs.
- MediaScript (Powell, Ohio) utilizes technology to provide video production, e-learning solutions and video webinars to their clients. MediaScript also provides content development and event services to their customers.
- Painted Cowgirl Tack & Western Store (Greenwich, Ohio) started as a shop inside business-owner Amy Bond’s home and quickly grew into its own storefront. Customers from all around the state visit the store and Ms. Bond ships cowgirl boots around the world.
- Carney Ranker Architects, Ltd. (Dublin, Ohio) is a leading team of architects, interior designers and staff that complete commercial, education, medical and industrial design work. Their mission is to collaborate with their clients to meet their design needs with professional integrity, honesty and sincerity.
In January 2016, Secretary Husted announced that 2015 was Ohio’s sixth consecutive year of record business growth and Ohio set an all-time one-month record in March 2016. Ohio has seen a 21.8 percent increase in the number of newly-registered businesses and a 24.4 percent drop in rejections from 2010 to 2015. This growth can largely be attributed to Secretary Husted’s efforts to provide better customer service to Ohio businesses by reducing the costs associated with registering a new business, ensuring faster processing time and launching online services at the Ohio Business Central.
In addition, Secretary Husted began a partnership with Google’s “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map” program in 2015. Ohio businesses now have easy access to free tools through Google when they apply to start a business online with the Secretary of State’s office and Ohio is now the least costly state in the region to start and maintain a new business. Learn more by reading Secretary Husted’s guest column in the Cincinnati Enquirer here.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website, where Ohioans are encouraged to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
For more information, please contact Gianna Harrison at (614) 995-1697