FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBUS – Federal Court Judge Michael Watson today dismissed Case No. 2:16-cv-38, Tracy L. Jones, et al. v. Jon Husted in his official capacity as the Ohio Secretary of State. The court’s action comes in response to Secretary Husted’s request for the case to be dismissed, which was fully-briefed on March 22, 2016.
Click here to read excerpts from Secretary Husted’s argument.
Secretary Husted yesterday also filed a motion to dismiss a similar case pending before the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Court Order to Dismiss Case No. 2:16-cv-38
- The Secretary of State’s Reply in Support of the Motion to Dismiss
Previous Releases & Statements:
- 4/18/2016: Secretary Husted Urges Ohio Supreme Court to Dismiss Drug Price Relief Act Suit
- 3/22/2016: Secretary Husted Urges Federal Court to Drop Drug Price Relief Act Suit
- 2/4/2016: Secretary Husted Transmits Drug Price Relief Act Initiated Statute to General Assembly
- 1/4/2016: Secretary Husted Instructs Boards of Elections to Conduct Second Review of Drug Price Relief Act Petitions
For more information, please contact Joshua Eck at (614) 466-2729