FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today appealed an election night court order that required polling places in four Southwestern Ohio Counties to remain open for an additional hour.
The last-minute order has been widely criticized, including by the Editorial Boards of the Cincinnati Enquirer and the Columbus Dispatch (both available below).
The Boards of Election in Butler and Hamilton Counties filed motions to intervene and join the appeal last week. Their motions were granted this morning.
Secretary Husted has appealed the judge’s order to the 6th Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals.
- Secretary Husted’s Appeal
- Court’s Order Granting Motions to Intervene
- Cincinnati Enquirer: What was Judge Thinking?
- Columbus Dispatch: Judge showed poor judgment
Affidavits Supporting Appeal of the Court’s Order
- Assistant Secretary of State Matthew Damschroder
- Hamilton County Board of Elections Director Sherry Poland
- Butler County Board of Elections Deputy Director Jocelyn Bucaro
- Warren County Board of Elections Director Brian Sleeth
For more information, please contact Joshua Eck at (614) 466-2729