FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBUS –Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced the Ohio Business Profile Program will be featuring Certified Public Accountants throughout the month of April.
“There are over 85,000 CPAs in Ohio representing small businesses and job creators across the state,” Secretary Husted said. “CPAs help position businesses to flourish in the global economy and also work with public officials to simplify the tax code and create policies that make sense for business in Ohio.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Woods & Woods Associates, Ltd. (Vandalia, Ohio) provides practical, concise and easy-to-understand advice to clients of the firm. High quality service, energy and expertise of the staff contribute to a quality experience for clients.
- Barnes Dennig (Cincinnati, Ohio) was founded over 50 years ago with a passion for client service and respect for their employees. The firm has grown to serve clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
- HW&Co. CPAs and Advisors (Cleveland, Ohio) focuses on providing comprehensive services including accounting and auditing, tax planning, healthcare consulting, mergers and acquisitions and valuations.
- Clark Schaefer Hackett (Dayton, Ohio) is one of the 60 largest CPA and advisory firms in the nation. The firm strives to build relationships with clients and deliver excellent services and has published a book about their approach entitled The CSH Way.
- Ary Roepcke Mulchaey, P.C. (ARM) (Columbus, Ohio) leverages their industry expertise to provide clients with remarkable service. Knowing the market, anticipating and responding to their client’s rapidly-changing business needs is ARM’s specialty.
- Kaiser Consulting, LLC (Powell, Ohio) develops custom and innovative solutions to improve their clients’ businesses and increase efficiency. Kaiser Consulting was also named as a 2015 Central Ohio Best Place to Work by Columbus Business First.
- Gilmore Jasion Mahler, LTD (Findlay, Ohio) serves clients across many industries including healthcare, real estate, construction and manufacturing. The firm believes their greatest asset is their people and they work hard to attract the best and brightest to join their team.
In January 2016, Secretary Husted announced that 2015 was Ohio’s sixth consecutive year of record business growth. Ohio has seen a 21.8 percent increase in the number of newly-registered businesses and a 24.4 percent drop in rejections from 2010 to 2015. This growth can largely be attributed to Secretary Husted’s efforts to provide better customer service to Ohio businesses by reducing the costs associated with registering a new business, ensuring faster processing time and launching online services at the Ohio Business Central.
In addition, Secretary Husted began a partnership with Google’s “Let’s Put Our Cities on the Map” program in 2015. Ohio businesses now have easy access to free tools through Google when they apply to start a business online with the Secretary of State’s office and Ohio is now the least costly state in the region to start and maintain a new business. Learn more by reading Secretary Husted’s guest column in the Cincinnati Enquirer here.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website, where Ohioans are encouraged to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
For more information, please contact Gianna Harrison at (614) 995-1697