FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, February 6, 2015
Secretary Husted Announces February Ohio Business Profiles
Featured companies highlight the impact of minority-owned businesses in Ohio.
COLUMBUS – As part of an ongoing effort to recognize the state’s diverse business community, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that February’s Ohio Business Profile features minority-owned companies in Ohio.
“Success in business is no respecter of race, gender or ethnicity. It is achieved through hard work and a commitment to good customer service and producing a quality product,” Secretary Husted said. “The companies featured this month have achieved success through their commitment to this ideal and I hope they can inspire others seeking entrepreneurial success because when local businesses thrive, so does Ohio.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Empyra.com, Inc. – Youngstown – Delivers on-demand, cloud-based business solutions for workforce development, education and community development, doing its part in transforming the rust-belt into a technology hub.
- Rath Builders Supply, Inc. – Defiance – A community staple for the past 28 years, the company provides quality construction and building materials to area contractors, as well as the general public.
- 2Gs – Bellefontaine – A local restaurant started in 2010 that specializes delicious barbeque and home style sides.
- Vtechgraphics LLC – Dayton – A digital photography company offering photojournalism, digital preservation services and data recovery that combines photography and computers to serve their clients.
- Modular Assembly Innovations – Dublin – A leader in the manufacturing and automotive industry, this $1.2 billion corporation headquartered in Ohio has manufacturing facilities in three states – Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama.
- Perez & Morris LLC – Columbus – A business law firm headquartered in central Ohio, with offices in New York as well, that provides a wide range of legal services to meet the various needs of their clients.
- Miles-McClellan Construction Co., Inc. – Columbus – Since 1978, this company has maintained a focus on competing locally for healthcare, industrial and educational construction projects, as well as helping to support the communities that have contributed to their success.
- American Flooring Installers LLC dba AFI Contractors – Toledo – Getting its start in 2005 and growing more than 500 percent over the last five years, this business focuses on exceeding customers’ expectations when it comes to providing construction services.
- Beyond Expectations Barber College (BEBC) – Akron – A certified education/supply company, BEBC strives to make a difference and positive impact in the community by teaching barbering skills to help ex-felons gain employment under the belief that everyone deserves a second chance.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
The Secretary of State’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio and recent data has shown that Ohio experienced another record year for the number of newly-registered businesses. In fact, over the course of the past five years, the number of new business filings has grown by 24 percent. One reason for the growth has been the launch of online services. In October 2013, Secretary Husted launched Ohio Business Central allowing businesses to file some of the most commonly used forms online and services continue to be expanded. To date, more than 35,000 filings have been submitted and half of all new companies are now started online in Ohio.
NOTE: New business filings are classified as forms filed with the Ohio Secretary of State that declare the formation of a business entity, including for-profit, non-profit and professional corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships. Filing as a business in Ohio does not guarantee the company will begin operations, be profitable or create jobs.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.