FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Featured companies spotlight veterans continuing to serve their communities.
COLUMBUS – As Ohio prepares to commemorate the 96th anniversary of Veteran’s Day, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that November’s Ohio Business Profiles feature five companies that are owned and operated by veterans.
“Ohio’s veterans have already done so much for our nation and state, and have so much more to offer,” Secretary Husted said. “These individuals are using the skills they have acquired to run businesses that provide needed services and products, as well as strengthen our economy.”
According to VeteranOwnedBusiness.com, there are more than 88,000 businesses in Ohio that are owned and operated by veterans. Companies profiled this month include:
- Dandelion Lane Farm – Leetonia – A family run farm that offers customers high-quality produce and farm-fresh, sustainably raised eggs and poultry. Efforts to meet non-GMO, heirloom and organic requirements have earned the business a Certified Naturally Grown certification and they were the first veteran-owned farm in Ohio to receive the Homegrown Heroes Certification.
- ZAP Custom Lure Company – Toledo – In operation since 1971, the company manufactures 100 percent American-made fishing lures and accessories.
- OneLove Lawn – Grove City – Established in 2013, the company provides high-quality lawn care, landscape and snow removal services.
- Amore’s Koi Farm – Coshocton – Serving Koi (ornamental carp) hobbyists since 2007, the business specializes in providing quality, domestic Koi and helping current and future pond owners have the pond of their dreams.
- Colonial Surface Solutions, Inc. – Columbus Grove – Founded in 1975 and employing more than 40 workers, the company offers its clients a cleaning and painting service for parts and equipment. Colonial is known for being able to handle and process a broad range of part sizes from large structural steel, rail cars and barges, to very small industrial and automotive parts.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.