FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Companies featured showcase abundance of Ohio’s harvest
COLUMBUS – With the fall season upon us in the Buckeye State, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that October’s Ohio Business Profile features five companies taking full advantage of the state’s harvest by offering a variety of products and activities for families.
“Our state is a great place for entrepreneurs to set up shop who want to make and distribute a locally sourced product,” Secretary Husted said. “The success of these companies, and those like them around the state, serves as a boon to the local and state economies, while also providing many hardworking Ohioans with jobs.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Devine Farms – Hebron – A working farm specializing in soybeans and field corn, that every fall opens their gates to the community for wagon rides, corn mazes and pumpkin painting.
- Greenfield Berry Farm – Peninsula – A family-run farm dedicated to sustainable farming where you can pick your own blueberries with owners who truly love their land and enjoy sharing their passion.
- Circleville Pumpkin Show, Inc. – Circleville – Since 1903, Pickaway County has hosted this famous festival, attracting more than 400,000 visitors from all 50 states for their parades, contests, entertainment and delicious pumpkin-flavored delicacies.
- Lucky Penny Creamery – Kent – Produces superior local dairy products while connecting rural and urban settings, bringing the goodness of the farm to tables in the city. Owner Abbe Turner was named 2013 Farmer Hero by Farm Aid and Superstar Farmer by Local Food Cleveland.
- Lettuce Eat Well Farmers’ Market – Cincinnati – Supports local producers by providing a venue for them to sell their products. Named American Farmland Trust’s #1 Farmers’ Market in Ohio in 2013, they strive to educate their customers on living sustainably with their “Whys and Hows of Eating Local” seminar series.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.