FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBUS – Ohio is known as the “Birthplace of Aviation.” In an effort to recognize the ongoing advancements the state has made in the aerospace industry, Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that July’s Ohio Business Profile features a wide variety of companies that support this important business sector under the theme “Ohio Takes Flight.”
“From the Wright brothers first taking to the skies, to John Glenn setting his sights a little higher in orbit, to Neil Armstrong’s “one small step,” Ohio has a long and rich history of leadership in the field of aerospace,” Secretary Husted said. “These companies further strengthen an important part of our state’s economy while providing well-paying jobs for hard-working Ohioans.”
This month’s featured companies include:
- Spirit Avionics Ltd. – Columbus, Ohio – Produces aircraft electronics (avionics) and provides aircraft interior refurbishment and maintenance services.
- Gemco Aviation Services – North Lima, Ohio –The nation’s foremost authority for restoration, preservation, and technical information for the Staggerwing Beech airplane. They continue to be locally recognized for their uncompromising quality for all of the aircrafts they maintain.
- The Ewart-Ohlson Machine Company – Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio – Founded in 1942, they produce machine forgings for manufacturers of aircraft landing gear. In 2003, the company made parts for the parachute deployment system that helped ensure a safe landing for the Mars Exploration Rover Mission.
- The Design Knowledge Company (TDKC) – Fairborn, Ohio – They specialize in applied research, technology assessment, software development and more for their clients. They have been selected by the Dayton Business Journal as one of the best places to work for three years in a row.
- The John & Annie Glenn Historic Site – New Concord, Ohio –Visitors are treated to a living history experience on the main floor of John Glenn's boyhood home. In addition to being the first American to orbit the earth, John Glenn is the oldest person to fly in space and the only Ohioan to serve four terms in the U.S. Senate.
Ohio Business Profile was launched in June 2011 to help raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and creating jobs in the process.
Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com. Ohioans are encouraged to go online to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months. More than 900 requests and recommendations have been made for companies to feature.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. In 2012 and 2013, the state saw a record number of new business filings with 88,068 and 89,735 respectively. In the first few months of 2014, new business filings are trending toward another record year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.