FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, January 10, 2014
Secretary Husted Features “New Uses” Themed Companies For January’s Ohio Business Profiles
COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted is helping Ohioans find new uses for old and used items in the new year with January’s Ohio Business Profile, featuring companies that put the concept of reuse and recycle first when it comes to their business plans.
“Recycling and reclamation are important industries for Ohio. It strengthens our economy and employs many hardworking Ohioans,” Secretary Husted said. “I commend each business for their innovative approaches to reuse and recycle goods that others would deem waste.”
According to the Ohio Environmental Council, recycling in Ohio is a $30 billion industry that employs more than 98,000 people. The companies profiled this month are part of that industry, which helps bolster the state’s economy. They include:
- Olde Wood Ltd. – Magnolia, Ohio – Provides customers with a variety of wide plank flooring options reclaimed from barns and other historic structures.
- ReTread, Akron Ltd. – Akron, Ohio – Finds new and inventive ways to use salvageable goods from old factories, schools, and houses.
- EnviroFlight – Yellow Springs, Ohio – Produces sustainable animal feed and oils from the byproducts of food manufacturing, biofuels and brewing industries.
- Rustic Refinery – Cincinnati, Ohio – Supplies quality furniture made from reclaimed wood and industrial metal. All items are 100% made in the USA.
- The Stock Pile Reuse Store – Canton, Ohio – A nonprofit building material reuse warehouse that provides people in need with affordable used materials and home improvement supplies. Each year, they help more than 3000 families improve their homes and divert 100 tons of material from landfills.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.