COLUMBUS – Veterans Day is just around the corner. Each year, to honor and recognize the contributions of Ohio’s nearly 900,000 military veterans, the Secretary of State’s Office sets aside November’s Ohio Business Profiles to feature Ohio companies with veterans at the helm. Secretary Husted today saluted seven outstanding veteran-owned companies from around Ohio.
“Ohio’s veterans possess an invaluable set of skills that makes them ideal entrepreneurs,” Secretary Husted said. “They are not only building a life for themselves following their military service, but also supporting their local communities by helping to stimulate the economy and create employment opportunities for fellow Ohioans.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Innovative Vending Solutions – West Carrollton, Ohio – Specializes in non-traditional vending and automated retail systems. They have been marketing and providing systems to manufacturers, retail outlets, restaurants, non-profits and individuals since 2008.
- Federal Supply Services International – Portsmouth, Ohio – They have more than 30 years of expertise in the field of U.S. government supply and logistics, warehouse and storage operations, and equipment maintenance and repair.
- Connecting Touch Therapy & Wellness Center – Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio – Since 1995 they have specialized in massage therapy for health and wellness and have several licensed massage therapists on staff.
- AF Tactical – Blacklick, Ohio – A 100% veteran-owned and operated company focused on providing the best prices on items military members, police officers, and fire fighters need to do their jobs effectively, efficiently, and safely.
- OmniCom Solutions Group – Middletown, Ohio – Provides quality computer training to businesses in southwest Ohio since 1994 and specialize in professional development with International Business Training Association curriculum and software training on the Microsoft Office® Suite.
- Prudential Construction Group – Dayton, Ohio – Provides quality construction services for residential and commercial properties in Dayton, Cincinnati, and Columbus.
- Taxes Made Simple – Uniontown, Ohio – This business was started at home and has grown into a larger company providing tax preparation, bookkeeping, and notary services to clients.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.