COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, June’s Ohio Business Profile will highlight “pet-friendly” businesses from around the state.
“Pets are important members of many families in Ohio” Secretary Husted said. “With one in three homes having a cat or dog, Ohio is lucky to have some many unique businesses ready to help and give our pets the care and attention they need.”
Tens of millions of different animal companions have been provided homes across the country and Ohio is no exception.
Companies profiled this month include:
- PetPeople – Hilliard, Ohio – Has expanded their business from three stores to their newest 17th store opening this month, offering pet owners high quality, natural, wholesome and nutritious pet foods and treats.
- Ramm Horse Fencing & Stalls – Swanton, Ohio – Builds high quality fences and stalls and is staffed by people who own and love horses.
- The Backyard Dog Project – Tremont City, Ohio – Improves the quality of life for outdoor dogs by providing owners access to affordable pet care and supplies.
- Cleveland Road Animal Hospital & The Pet Hotel – Wooster, Ohio – Has been providing premier veterinary care to their surrounding area for 40 years and recently expanded their facility to include the area’s first luxury pet hotel and spa.
- Reef Systems Coral Farm, Inc. – New Albany, Ohio – Started nearly 20 years ago from the owner’s passion for saltwater aquariums and has since grown to include an aquaculture facility for living coral and animals for the public to enjoy.
- Freedom Paws Assistance Dogs – Marysville, Ohio – Founded last year to help match highly-skilled nurturing dogs with applicants in need of assistance, all dogs are trained specifically to meet the needs of their new owners.
- Embrace Pet Insurance – Beachwood, Ohio – A family of animal enthusiasts who offer smart and sustainable insurance to help cover the necessary, and sometimes unexpected, care for our pets.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.