COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, May’s Ohio Business Profile will highlight businesses across Ohio that fall under the “Women-Owned” theme.
“Women entrepreneurs have played a vital role in boosting Ohio’s economy” Secretary Husted said. “Nearly a third of all businesses in the state are women-owned, making them an important part in creating job opportunities for Ohioans.”
According to a 2007 survey of business owners by the U.S. Census Bureau, Ohio is ranked 8th in the nation with nearly 250,000 women-owned businesses.
Companies profiled this month include:
- Marketing Resources & Results, Inc. – Hudson, Ohio – Provide marketing services for companies in many different types of industries.
- Mindset Digital LLC – Worthington, Ohio – Help companies join the digital revolution through their social media training and consulting.
- Lois J. Fisher & Associates – Marion, Ohio – A real estate investment and development company helping to revitalize their local community.
- Capitol Aluminum & Glass Corporation – Bellevue, Ohio – Since 1956 they have been producing high quality and energy efficient doors and windows.
- Rebsco, Inc. – Greenville, Ohio – A second generation family-owned business that is a customer fabricator and contractor company.
- Angela Wines Photography – Morristown, Ohio – Have specialized in wedding and commercial photography for more than ten years.
- Beery Insurance Services LLC – Lima, Ohio – Help small businesses and individuals search for quality and affordable health care.
- Quantum Health – Columbus, Ohio – An award-winning care management and health improvement company, serving the needs of their 340,000 members.
- Silver Bridge Coffee Company – Bidwell, Ohio –Since 2008 they have been roasting their own coffee and have expanded to supply it in numerous locations.
- Angelina's Pizza – Olmsted Falls, Ohio – A full menu of Italian food and award-winning pizzas are served up here.
- SnapKaddy, by Besorella, LLC – Avon Lake, Ohio – Produce themed supply kits geared toward the everyday needs of new college students and babies.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.