COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, February’s Ohio Business Profile will highlight businesses across Ohio that are minority-owned.
“Ohio’s business atmosphere is appealing to entrepreneurs, as is evident by the diverse makeup of companies that choose our state to set-up shop,” Secretary Husted said. “Businesses like those featured this month benefit our state and local communities through job creation and economic development.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- DLZ – Columbus, Ohio – Known for their stellar reputation in the architectural, engineering, and environmental industries.
- Hightowers Petroleum Co. – Middletown, Ohio – A full-service petroleum distributor fueling petroleum needs for businesses, public entities, and industries across the country.
- UNICON International, Inc. – Columbus, Ohio – Since 1990 they have been specializing in application development, project management and agile consulting.
- Net PAC International LLC – Columbus, Ohio– They provide quality warehousing, drayage services, and order fulfillment solutions on an international level.
- Urban Chefs LLC – Columbus, Ohio – Well known for their mouthwatering BBQ Sauces, hot sauces, and canned vegetables.
- CJ Hughes & Sons Plumbing, Inc. – Cincinnati, Ohio – They provide all your plumbing needs for new construction, residential, and commercial installations.
- Premier Mail & Fulfillment – Cincinnati, Ohio – A full-service print, fulfillment and mailing house known for their personal service touch.
- FAB Construction – Dayton, Ohio – A family-owned commercial and residential construction company with over 20 years of experience.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.