COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, January’s Ohio Business Profile will help kick off 2013 on the right foot and highlight business across Ohio with the “Celebrate a New Year” theme.
“It’s a new year and a fresh start,” Secretary Husted said. “2012 was a year that will go down in the books and always be remembered, but it’s time to look ahead to 2013 and highlight businesses across Ohio that are contributing to our economy and celebrate the New Year.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- PriS’e Creations LLC – Franklin County – Known for their personalized organic hand painted glassware, as well as their custom design wood cases.
- SoSerene – Auglaize County – A beautiful outdoor space that is utilized often for weddings and large functions.
- Dancing Tree Distillery – Meigs County –Since 2011 they have been making handcrafted spirits with unique local ingredients.
- Good Vibes Winery – Franklin County –An urban winery that offers wine tasting as well as food pairing events.
- Raise the Roof Entertainment – Summit County –A mobile entertainment company known for their photo booth services across Ohio.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.