Summer Conference 2019
2019 Ohio Elections Officials Summer Conference
June 17 - June 19, 2019
The Hilton Columbus Downtown
401 N. High Street
Columbus, OH 43215
- Cost is $130.00 per participant.
- Deadline to Register: 12:00 p.m. noon on Wednesday, April 24, 2019. Registrations received after April 24, 2019 will be accepted (space permitting), however a late fee of $10 per person will be added.
One person from each board must complete and submit the online registration information for all of the county personnel, including the Board Members, Director, Deputy Director, and any other staff who plan to attend.
Shortly after registration is closed, each board will receive one invoice via email that lists all who are registered from that county for the Ohio Secretary of State 2019 Summer Conference. The email will be sent to the board contact person who completes this online registration. Boards must promptly provide payment to our office upon receipt of the invoice.
- The hotel room cost is $155.00 plus tax, per night (includes complimentary WIFI in sleeping rooms). Check-in to the hotel is 3:00 p.m. with check-out at 12:00 p.m.
- A block of rooms has been secured for the group on the following dates at the Hilton Columbus Downtown under the event block “Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose 2019 Summer Conference.”
- Monday, June 17, 2019
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- Please make your hotel reservations by using the link provided below:
- The hotel reservation CUT-OFF DATE is Friday, May 3, 2019.
Please note you are responsible for making your own overnight accommodations.
- $28.00 self-park/$30.00 valet service
The Hilton Columbus Downtown is located at 401 North High Street, Columbus Ohio, 43215. Located off I-670, the hotel is in Columbus' Arena District and close to the Convention Center, the North Market and Nationwide Arena. An interactive map of the area is available below.
Monday, June 17, 2019
- 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
IT training provided by Department of Homeland Security and Election Assistance Commission*
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
*A minimum of two people per county are required to attend this training. We encourage the Director and Deputy Director to attend this session, but others are welcome to join the Director and Deputy Director.
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Presentations and Panels
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 1:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Presentations and Panels
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Tickets to a Columbus Clippers baseball game that evening at 7:05 p.m. will be available for purchase, more details to come.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
- 7:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Breakfast, Presentations, and Panels
An additional training event, a Table Top Exercise presented by the Department of Homeland Security, will be available in the afternoon. More details about this training event will be provided under separate cover at a later date.
Please note that all times are subject to change. A detailed agenda will follow when finalized. Training credits will be awarded on an hour-for-hour basis for each session completed and will be taken into account at the time of reappointment.
In conjunction with the Ohio Secretary of State 2019 Summer Conference, the following classes will be held at the Hilton Columbus Downtown:
- Monday, June 17, 2019: Money in Politics and Campaign Finance
- Monday, June 17, 2019: Poll Worker Recruitment, Training and Retention