Register to Vote
You are qualified to register to vote in Ohio if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of the United States;
- You will be at least 18 years old on the day of the general election (Nov. 6, 2012);
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- You are not incarcerated (in jail or prison) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state or the United States;
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court;
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws;
- In order to vote in an election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before an election. The registration deadline for the Nov. 6, 2012 general election is Oct. 9, 2012, and your registration form must be returned by this date.*
*Electors who will be 18 years old on the day of the general election (Nov. 6, 2012) may participate in primary elections even if they are 17 years old. These voters will be limited on what they can vote on and must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the primary. A complete listing of important dates, including voter registration deadlines, are available on 2012 Ohio Elections Calendar.
For additional information on voting in Ohio elections, please click here to visit the Ohio Secretary of State's main Web site.