FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES DECEMBER BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured businesses fall under the “Winter Wonderland” theme.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, December’s Ohio Business Profile will highlight businesses across the state that contribute to Ohio’s economy and fall under the “Winter Wonderland” theme.
“This month we have a wide variety of businesses that impact Ohio’s economy,” Secretary Husted said. “As we prepare for winter, let’s not forget about all of the fun activities there are to participate in during this festive season across our great state.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Mad River Mountain – Zanesfield, Ohio – Ohio’s largest ski resort and home of the Midwest’s number one terrain park.
- Southeastern Ohio Symphony Orchestra – New Concord, Ohio – A semi- professional community orchestra that operates in partnership with Muskingum University.
- Ma and Pa’s Horse Drawn Sleigh and Carriage Rides – Burton, Ohio –Providing winter adventure horse drawn sleigh rides and other seasonal fun since 2000.
- EnterTRAINment Junction – West Chester, Ohio – Known for the world’s largest indoor train display along with an A-Maze-N Funhouse.
- Pine Tree Barn and Farms – Wooster, Ohio – Some of their top sellers include furniture, Christmas decorations and we cannot forget their Christmas trees.
- OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks – Dublin, Ohio – The coolest place for family fun with ice hockey leagues, ice skating lessons, and public ice skating.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at (614) 995-2239.