FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES SEPTEMBER BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured businesses mark kick-off to fall.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, September’s Ohio Business Profile will get Ohioans excited for football and tail-gating with a “kick-off to fall” theme.
“As a former football player, I appreciate the dedication and time these companies put into making their business a success – just like a winning team,” Secretary Husted said. “These companies, and many more like them, work hard year round to contribute to the growth of our state’s economy.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- D1 Sports Training Columbus – Columbus, Ohio – Features a 60-yard artificial grass field, with a weight room that has everything any athlete could ever need or think of.
- Stadium Salsa LLC – Bowling Green, Ohio – Homemade salsas made with love for the tailgating season and all year round.
- Homage – Columbus, Ohio –Unique vintage inspired graphic tee shirts are sold at this athletic inspired apparel store.
- Herman Falter Packing Company – Columbus, Ohio – A family owned Meatpacking Company specializing in quality beef, pork, and cheese products.
- Sports Construction Group – Brecksville, Ohio – Focus is on specialized sports field construction.
- Marsha’s Homemade Buckeyes – Perrysburg, Ohio – Over 35,000 buckeyes are hand dipped daily with the special touch of Marsha’s homemade recipe.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame – Canton, Ohio – Every football fanatics dream place, holding over 20 million football artifacts as well as home of 273 Hall of Fame members.
- Riddell Sports – Lorain, Ohio – Official Helmet Sponsor of the NFL and recognized leader in helmet technology and innovation.
- Wilson Sporting Goods Company – Ada, Ohio – Manufactures footballs for all level of competition and has made every Super Bowl ball for 45 years.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at (614) 995-2239.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from the Ohio Secretary of State's office, please go to our Web site at www.OhioSecretaryofState.gov and log into your profile to change your e-mail options.