FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, August 3, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES AUGUST BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured businesses excite, thrill and amaze for “Extreme Ohio” theme.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, August Ohio Business Profile encourages Ohioans to do something exhilarating and thrilling as summer comes to a close with the “Extreme Ohio” theme.
“The companies featured this month prove Ohio is not only a great place to live, but also a great place to vacation and enjoy fun activities,” Secretary Husted said. “Whether you’re looking for an afternoon adventure or adrenaline filled weekend, Ohio has it all – and more.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Ohio Dreams Action Sports Camp – Butler, Ohio – An action summer sports camp with a focus on coaching BMX and freeski instruction.
- Apex Powersports & Guns – New Philadelphia, Ohio – Allows customers to test drive their new ATV’s and motorcycles on over 200 acres of property.
- Hocking Hills Canopy Tours – Rockbridge, Ohio – Home of the first zip line canopy tours in the Midwest.
- Cedar Point Amusement Park/Resort – Sandusky, Ohio – Named the best amusement park in the world for the past 14 years.
- Ohio Caverns – West Liberty, Ohio – Highly decorated caves and often considered “Ohio's Outstanding Natural Attraction,” along with being one of the one of the oldest tourist attractions in the state.
- Skydive Warren County, Inc. – Lebanon, Ohio – The place to go if you are looking to learn to skydive on your own or even in tandem.
- ZipZone Canopy Tours. – Columbus, Ohio – Provides a hands free, guided tour of the treetops with professionally trained guides that take guests on a two-hour tour view of Columbus.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at (614) 995-2239.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from the Ohio Secretary of State's office, please go to our Web site at www.OhioSecretaryofState.gov and log into your profile to change your e-mail options.