FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES MAY BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured businesses highlight important role of women in Ohio’s economy.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, May’s Ohio Business Profile features companies throughout the state that are owned or operated by women.
“Many thriving business in Ohio share a similar characteristic – women entrepreneurs at the helm, working hard to ensure success,” Secretary Husted said. "Businesswomen have strengthened our economy and this month we wanted to highlight their efforts in a wide range of industries.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Resource Interactive – Columbus, Ohio – A company specializing in digital marketing and design.
- Woodward Video Productions – North Canton, Ohio – A company that makes videos for websites, DVDs, and YouTube.
- Hard Hatted Women – Cleveland, Ohio – A non-profit, working to place skilled women in non-traditional industries.
- The 912 Group – Granville, Ohio – Offers publishing, marketing, and management consulting services, specializing in the promotion of small, minority, women and disadvantaged businesses.
- Milligan Workshops, Inc – Bowling Green, Ohio – Offers packaging and assembly services for fellow businesses.
- Firefly Play Cafe – Columbus, Ohio –A modern indoor play space for children under the age of six.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at www.OhioBusinessProfile.com . Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at 614-466-7691 or firstname.lastname@example.org