FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES APRIL BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured businesses highlight important role of agriculture in Ohio.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, April’s Ohio Business Profile features companies throughout the state that specialize in Ohio’s number one industry - agriculture.
“Agriculture is one of our state’s foundational industries -- a big part of our heritage and of our future,” Secretary Husted said. “This month we wanted to pay tribute to the diversity and strength of agribusiness in Ohio.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Buckeye Harvesting LLC – Sabina, Ohio – A company specializing on custom combining, grain hauling, farming, with a focus on corn, soybeans, and wheat.
- North Union Farmers Market – Cleveland, Ohio – A nonprofit company that operates farmers markets, helps educate the public, and trains farmers on marketing products and businesses.
- Garman Feed and Supply – South Salem, Ohio – Offers a variety of grain, feed, along with fertilizers and chemical applications.
- Schmidt Brothers Inc. – Swanton, Ohio – Offers top services such as spring annuals, potted plants, hanging baskets, and poinsettias.
- Laurel Valley Creamery – Gallipolis, Ohio – Offers some of the best cheese in Ohio including fresh Cheddar curds, aged raw milk cheeses, and Cloverton.
- Bluegrass Farms of Ohio – Jeffersonville, Ohio –This farm provides identity preserved agricultural products.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at www.OhioBusinessProfile.com . Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at 614-466-7691 or email@example.com