FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES DECEMBER BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured companies offer Ohio-made gift ideas for the holidays
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact Ohio businesses have on our state, December’s Ohio Business Profile will focus on “Gifts from Ohio” for the holiday season.
“Products made by Ohio-based companies not only serve as great gift ideas for friends and family, but are also a way to support the local community and bolster the state’s overall economy,” Secretary Husted said.
The companies featured this month make and sell potential holiday gift items. Offering everything from toys to treats, this month’s featured businesses are sure to provide a variety of gift ideas for everyone on the shopping list.
- Little Tikes – Hudson, Ohio – Founded in 1970, this company is an international manufacturer and marketer of high-quality, innovative children's products.
- Baskets by Bonnie – Columbus, Ohio – Started in 1994, the company offers specialty gift baskets.
- Bexley Pen Co. – Columbus, Ohio – Only writing instrument manufacturer still making fountain pens in the United States. Also manufactures roller ball and ballpoint pens
- Moochie & Co. – Worthington, Ohio – Locally-owned retailer of durable toys, healthy treats and fashionable apparel for the family pet.
- The A.I. Root Co. – Medina, Ohio – Founded in 1869, this fifth-generation owned company manufactures designer candles and employs 150 people.
- The Ohio Art Co. – Bryan, Ohio – Specializing in toys and metal lithography, this company was founded in 1908 and best known for the Etch-A-Sketch.
- The Original Hartstone Pottery – Zanesville, Ohio – Manufacturer and retailer of dinnerware and accessories, specializing in Paint Your Own Pottery.
- Robert Rothschild Farms – Urbana, Ohio – Retailer of gourmet foods that employs 55 people and has been doing business for more than 30 years.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at www.OhioBusinessProfile.com. Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at 614-995-2168 or email@example.com.