Amending Notary Information
A notary public is responsible for notifying the Office of the Notary Commission Clerk of any changes to his or her name and/or address.
If your name or address has changed since the time this office issued a commission to you, please submit the Application for Amendment of Notary Public Information to:
Client Service Center
180 E. Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Attention: Amendment Form
Click here for the Application for Amendment of Notary Public Information (PDF)
- Print legibly or type your new information on to the application. Illegible information will cause the application to be rejected.
- Please submit a fee when required. If you are filing a name change, then please include a fee of $2.00. You will receive a duplicate commission with your new name after submitting the amendment to this office. There is no fee to file a change of address or a resignation of commission. Note: You will not receive a duplicate commission in the mail after submitting a change of address. If you need a duplicate commission for any reason you may check box (4) and submit the fee of $2.00.
- Once the revised commission is received, it must be recorded at the county clerk of the courts of common pleas office (R.C. 147.05 A)
- When the change of address places a notary public in another county, it is required that the notary public record their notary commission with the clerk of courts of common pleas of the new county (R.C. 147.05 A).
- When the amendment application is approved, the commission’s current expiration date is not adjusted.