Amending Notary Information
A notary public is responsible for notifying the Notary Commission Clerk of any changes to his or her name and/or address.
If your name or address has changed since you received your commission, please submit the Application for Amendment of Notary Public Information to:
Client Service Center
180 E. Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Attention: Amendment Form
Click here for the Application for Amendment of Notary Public Information (PDF)
- Print legibly or type your new information on the application. Illegible information will cause the application to be rejected.
- Please submit a fee (if required). If you are filing a name change, the fee is $2.00. You will receive a duplicate commission with your new name after submitting the amendment. There is no fee to file a change of address or a resignation of commission. Note: You will not receive a duplicate commission in the mail after submitting a change of address. If you need a duplicate commission for any reason, check box number four and submit the $2.00 fee.
- Once you receive the revised commission, it must be recorded at the county clerk of the courts of common pleas office (R.C. 147.05 A).
- If you file a change of address because you are moving to another county, you must record your commission with the clerk of courts of common pleas of the new county (R.C. 147.05 A).
- When the amendment application is approved, the commission’s current expiration date is not adjusted.