- Ministers cannot certify themselves with a religious society or congregation.
- We cannot accept documentation copied from a fax or downloaded from email. We need a clear and distinct copy of the signatures.
- If you lose your State license, and you are still affiliated with the same religious society/congregation, we will need a letter stating that you lost your license and that you are still affiliated with the same religious society or congregation. The fee is $10.00.
- If you lose your State license and you are not affiliated with the same denomination, you will have to reapply for a new license.
- If you change religious societies or congregations, or have a name change, you must re-apply for a new license, and pay the $10.00 fee.
- This office cannot accept documentation that is too light or too dark. This would include any black cards or certificates that are not legible for the processing of this office.
- If an independent congregation has ordained you, but you choose to be licensed under the church state or national convention with which the ordaining congregation is affiliated, your credentials should clearly indicate that affiliation. If you desire to be licensed under the name of the independent congregation, your license is valid only as long as you remain a minister with that congregation.
- The license to marry is valid only as long as you remain a minister serving and representing the religious society or congregation as it appears on the State License to Solemnize Marriages in Ohio.
If you have any questions in this matter, please feel free to contact this office at (614) 728-9200 or toll-free at (877) 767-6446.