FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Secretary Husted Features Family-Owned Companies For June, Celebrates Ohio Business Profile’s Three-Year Anniversary
COLUMBUS – Recognizing the impact of mom-and-pop operations on our economy, Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that June’s Ohio Business Profile will focus on companies that are family-owned. This month also marks the program’s three-year anniversary, which has featured 236 different businesses that employ nearly 25,000 Ohioans.
“Family-owned companies often find success in Ohio because they treat their employees and customers like family,” Secretary Husted said. “These companies are a valued part of our state’s business community and help strengthen both the local and state economies, resulting in more job opportunities for hardworking Ohioans.”
This month’s featured companies include:
- Peerless Stove and Manufacturing Co. – Sandusky, Ohio – Since 1904 they have produced complete lines of bake, roast and pizza ovens for the food service industry.
- Housh Inc. – Monroe, Ohio – A diversified online distribution and retail company operating a family of websites selling filters, humidifiers, heating and air conditioning equipment, pool parts, lighting and plumbing fixtures and much more.
- McLain, Hill, Rugg & Associates, Inc. – Zanesville, Ohio – A full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout central and southeastern Ohio.
- MidWest Materials, Inc. – Perry, Ohio – A family-owned and operated premier steel service center and distributor.
- Sam Okun Produce Company – Toledo, Ohio – They started in 1914 with a horse and buggy and are now a proud fifth-generation, family-owned fresh produce wholesaler.
- Robin Enterprises – Westerville, Ohio – A commercial printing business proud to be a small town company with big town chops.
- Buehler’s Fresh Foods – Wooster, Ohio – They recently celebrated 85 years in business and are a family-owned and operated supermarket retailer.
Ohio Business Profile was launched in June 2011 to help raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and creating jobs in the process.
Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com. Ohioans are encouraged to go online to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months. More than 900 requests and recommendations have been made for companies to feature.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. In 2012 and 2013, the state saw a record number of new business filings with 88,068 and 89,735 respectively. In the first few months of 2014, new business filings are trending toward another record year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.