FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, May 2, 2014
Secretary Husted Features Women-Owned Companies For May Ohio Business Profiles
COLUMBUS – In an effort to recognize some of the invaluable contributions made by women entrepreneurs in Ohio, Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that this month’s Ohio Business Profile will feature companies owned and operated by women.
According to a report by American Express, Ohio has an estimated 268,700 women-owned businesses employing hundreds of thousands people. Revenues generated by these companies are expected to hit $45.6 billion in 2014, a 49 percent increase since 1997.
“Our state is fortunate to have a growing number of entrepreneurial women that have chosen Ohio as the place to do business,” Secretary Husted said. “The successes of companies run by women benefit Ohio by strengthening the economy and creating jobs.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Skyline Exhibits of Central Ohio – Columbus, Ohio – Launched in 2001, this award-winning full-service marketing business generates $5.5 million in sales.
- Wrap n’ Ship – Toledo, Ohio – A packaging and shipping service that has been operating in the Greater Toledo area since 1982.
- Ellerbee Enterprises, LLC – Cincinnati, Ohio – Founded by a mother and daughter team, this company provides businesses with tools for day-to-day operations including customer service skills, increased employee retention rates, human resources development and reduction of employee conflict.
- Industry Products Company – Piqua, Ohio – The business opened its doors in 1966 as a die cutter company and has expanded into the automotive market, becoming a direct supplier to Honda and Toyota.
- M & G Body Shop – Cincinnati, Ohio – In the past 15 years this company has been voted best body shop in Cincinnati and received such prestigious awards as business person of the year in 2013 by the Fairfield Chamber of Commerce.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. In 2012 and 2013, the state saw a record number of new business filings with 88,068 and 89,735 respectively. In the first few months of 2014, new business filings are trending toward another record year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mails from the Ohio Secretary of State's office, please go to our Web site at www.OhioSecretaryofState.gov and log into your profile to change your e-mail options.