FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Secretary Husted Features “By the Numbers” Companies For April Ohio Business Profiles
COLUMBUS – As many Ohioans may wait until the last minute to file their taxes, due April 15th, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted is offering some help through Ohio Business Profile by featuring accounting firms from across our state as part of this month’s focus – By the Numbers.
“More entrepreneurs are choosing Ohio as the place to do business because they receive red carpet treatment and know our state offers a network of important support services, like those featured this month,” Secretary Husted said. “By making it easier to do business, more companies are setting up shop in Ohio, which means new job opportunities and a stronger economy.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Packer Thomas – Canfield, Ohio - Started in 1923, a certified public accounting and business consulting firm with a known name, reputable history and old-fashioned values.
- Rea & Associates, Inc. – New Philadelphia, Ohio - Has grown into one of the largest public accounting firms in the country, employing more than 200 professionals in 11 offices located in Cambridge, Mentor, Millersburg, Dublin, Coshocton, Lima, Marietta, Medina, New Philadelphia, Wooster and Zanesville.
- Cohen & Company, Ltd. – Cleveland, Ohio - Focuses on service, quality, innovation and fun as they go beyond their client’s expectations -- some of the many reasons they were recognized as one of the top five CPA firms in Northeast Ohio and one of the top 100 in the nation.
- Investment Partners, Ltd. – New Philadelphia, Ohio – Since 1996 they have grown from a startup firm to serving 2000+ clients in 23 states, while advising on more than $750 million of client’s assets.
- Sequoia Financial Group – Akron, Ohio - Not only are they a successful financial service firm but they are also active participants in a monthly “Day of Caring,” where their employees are encouraged to serve the local community in an effort to give back and help others achieve success.
- Parms + Company, LLC – Columbus, Ohio – They believe each one of their clients are more than just a number, which has allowed them to grow into a successful CPA firm that has served central Ohio for more than 30 years.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Last year’s data showed that 2013 was a record year for new business filings in Ohio.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at (614) 995-2168.