FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 3, 2014
Secretary Husted Features Minority-Owned Companies For February’s Ohio Business Profiles
COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, February’s Ohio Business Profile will highlight businesses across our state that are minority-owned.
“The diversity of our entrepreneurs is another strong point of Ohio’s economy,” Secretary Husted said. “This month, we are sharing great stories of unique companies that are not only creating jobs but giving back to the communities in which they’ve been successful.”
Companies profiled this month include:
- Speedy Signs & Apparel – Cincinnati, Ohio – Started as a one-man operation in 2003 and has since grown into a large facility with plans to expand again. Their in-house capabilities include vinyl signs, printing, lamination, vehicle wraps and much more.
- Sophisticated Threads Consignments – Cincinnati, Ohio – An upscale clothing consignment and resale boutique with an owner dedicated to giving back to her community by mentoring young boys and girls in urban areas of the city.
- ER Graphics – McConnelsville, Ohio – A family-owned business and a leader in web design, print marketing and imprinted promotional products. In 2007, 2008 and 2009, they were nominated as one of the area’s fastest growing businesses.
- Hooven-Dayton Corporation – Miamisburg, Ohio – They print labels, coupons and tags and currently provide the Ohio Lottery with all of its receipt rolls and bet slips. Their customers range from Fortune 500 companies to small, private businesses.
- Northwest Consultants, Inc. – Toledo, Ohio – An engineering design firm specializing in the design of public infrastructure and focusing on their main resource, their people. By hiring engineers just out of college, they strive to provide graduates with in-state employment to make an investment in the future of Ohio.
- PS Promotions – Cleveland, Ohio – Started in 1992 offering engraved awards, printed apparel and promotional items. They were awarded Entrepreneur of the year in 2005 by the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the owner makes it a priority to give back to her community through volunteer work and offering scholarships to local Hispanic students.
- Crown Welding and Fabricating (The Welding King) – Columbus, Ohio – Offers clients nearly 30 years of welding, fabricating and machining experience. With a reputation in central Ohio as a highly-skilled welding company, they are proud to stand behind their motto “If it’s metal, we weld it!”
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Last year’s data showed that 2013 was a record year for new business filings in Ohio.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at (614) 995-2239.