FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, December 6, 2013
Secretary Husted Reminds Ohioans It Is Better to Give With December’s Ohio Business Profile Companies
COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced the companies selected as part of December’s Ohio Business Profile. With the holiday season upon us, this month’s featured businesses work to help better their communities and give back to those in need.
“In addition to creating employment opportunities for Ohioans and helping to strengthen our economy, these companies are doing even more to support those in need,” Secretary Husted said.
Companies profiled this month include:
- Passion Works Studio – Athens, Ohio – Is a leader in their field of employing people with disabilities to create one-of-a-kind flower decorations, with their Passion Flower becoming the official flower of Athens.
- CollarDoos – Westerville, Ohio –Make uniquely designed products for pets, hand-crafted by local artisans, and donates products and money to various pet rescues and charities around Ohio.
- Arova – Montgomery, Ohio – Helps empower disadvantaged women in India who create up-cycled goods, including necklaces and clutches, with a portion of all sales donated back to a nonprofit working to help areas of the world in great need.
- The Little Exchange Fine Gifts – Dayton, Ohio – Has donated more than $1.5 million to the Dayton Children’s Hospital from sales on their unique bridal and children’s products.
- Rocky Brands Inc. – Nelsonville, Ohio – In addition to being a worldwide leader in outdoor footwear, they created and funded the Rocky Community Improvement Fund, with their most recent contributions being the first corporate-funded Habitat for Humanity home in Nelsonville and the donation of 400 boots for homeless veterans.
- Candle With A Cause – Columbus, Ohio – They combine recycling with candle making, repurposing bottles from local merchants to make high-quality scented soy candles with a purpose. They donate 25% of their profits to nonprofit partners.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at (614) 995-2239.