FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 11, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES OCTOBER BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured businesses fall under the “All-American Diners” theme.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, October’s Ohio Business Profile will make Ohioans hungry and ready to boost Ohio’s economy by eating out more with his “All-American Diner” theme.
“The diner themed restaurants here in Ohio offer unique experiences which draw crowds from all over the country,” Secretary Husted said. “These diners, along with the restaurant industry as a whole in Ohio help stimulate our economy and provide jobs for many Ohioans.”
In Ohio there are currently 21,302 establishments employing 380,600 people that bring in around $16.6 billion dollars in sales each year.
Companies profiled this month include:
- Yours Truly Restaurants – Chagrin Falls, Ohio – Features casual, family friendly dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over 30 years.
- Pleasant Ridge Chili – Cincinnati, Ohio – Well known for their French fries cheese and gravy along with many other unique menu items.
- Goodwin’s Family Restaurant – Circleville, Ohio –A finalist in the National Restaurant Association Good Neighbor Award for their county-wide high school scholarship program.
- Diner 23 LLC – Waverly, Ohio –A place where customers can walk in as strangers and leave as friends and they offer an abundance of good home cooking.
- Spot Restaurant – Sidney, Ohio – Business began out of Spot Millers chuck wagon which he then transformed into a fully functioning diner.
- Tommy’s Diner – Columbus, Ohio – Family owned diner that prides themselves on making everything from scratch with old recipes.
- Starliner Diner – Hilliard, Ohio – Top selling items include creole macaroni, huevos rancheros, and a special Cuban sandwich, make sure when you stop by you are hungry.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at OhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Alexis Zoldan at (614) 995-2239.