FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 6, 2012
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY BUSINESS PROFILES
Featured companies all minority-owned businesses in Ohio
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact Ohio businesses have on our state, February’s Ohio Business Profile features minority-owned businesses.
“These companies are a testament to the welcoming business climate in Ohio for entrepreneurs who provide quality services and products to their customers,” Secretary Husted said. “These businesses are an integral part of our communities and their continued success has a positive impact on our state.”
The companies being featured this month offer a wide variety of products and services, ranging from IT support to fishing gear.
- Executive Security Group – Cleveland, Ohio – Founded in 2008, this company offers armed and unarmed security, private investigations, BCII and FBI electronic fingerprinting and more.
- Salamander Sinkers – Cincinnati, Ohio – This sporting goods company specializes in drop shot, freshwater drift and salt water drift fishing sinkers.
- OCG Telecom – Cincinnati, Ohio – This IT and telecom equipment and software company began in 2008 and specializes in computers, software and routers.
- Dane’s Dessert Cafe – Columbus, Ohio – Started in 2011, this company offers sweet treats such as specialty crepes, Belgian waffles and sundaes.
- JDT Concierge – Columbus, Ohio –This company offers a variety of transportation services including private cars and shuttle services for senior citizens and students.
- Environmental and Safety Solutions – Cincinnati, Ohio – Employing nearly 40 people, this company specializes in environmental, health and safety compliance, and technical staffing.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at www.OhioBusinessProfile.com. Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at 614-995-2168 or email@example.com.