FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, November 4, 2011
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES NOVEMBER BUSINESS PROFILES
Makes Veterans Day salute to some of Ohio’s veteran-owned companies
COLUMBUS – As part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of businesses in Ohio, Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that veteran-owned businesses will be featured as part of the Secretary of State’s Ohio Business Profile for November.
“Ohio veterans are no strangers to leadership, hard work and dedication and that makes them great entrepreneurs. This is evident in the fact that Ohio ranks high in the number of veteran-owned businesses,” Secretary Husted said. “Each one of us has benefited from our veterans’ service to the nation and now Ohio communities are benefitting from their decision to own and operate a business.”
Military veteran business owners are present in nearly every major industry throughout the state. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Ohio is 7th in the nation in terms of the number of veteran-owned businesses, with over 88,500. Those businesses being featured this month include:
- BookMarx Bookstore – Stuebenville, Ohio – A quality used book dealer specializing in hard-to-find, out-of-print and unusual books.
- Grand Aire – Swanton, Ohio – Started in 1985, the company began as a modest one plane operation and has grown to become one of the top 5 air charter providers in North America and a significant player globally.
- Transducers Direct – Cincinnati, Ohio – An Ohio-based, privately held transducer, sensor and industrial components manufacturer.
- The Reserves Network – Fairview Park, Ohio – Family-owned, privately-held company that opened its doors in 1984 and works with thousands of customers and job seekers, offering temporary, temporary-to-hire and direct hire placements to the office, industrial, professional and technical markets.
- Armada – Powell, Ohio – Founded in 2005, the company’s core business is to provide preparedness and protection solutions to clients.
- Fredon Corporation – Mentor, Ohio – Veteran-owned manufacturer of precision parts for the aerospace, defense, aircraft, locomotive, and medical industries.
- US Wings – Hudson, Ohio – Sells bomber jackets, khakis and sunglasses worldwide.
For more information about veteran-owned businesses, visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website’s vendor information page at: www.vip.vetbiz.gov.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website at www.OhioBusinessProfile.com. Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at 614-995-2168 or email@example.com.