FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES OCTOBER BUSINESS PROFILES
COLUMBUS – As part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced the companies being featured as part of the Secretary of State’s Ohio Business Profile for October.
“Ohio is fortunate to have a diverse assortment of businesses and this month’s Business Profiles spotlights the ability some entrepreneurs who are able to produce a wide variety of candies and treats,” Secretary Husted said.
This October we’re profiling Ohio businesses that produce or sell delicious snacks for us all to enjoy as we welcome the start of the fall season and throughout the year. From brownies and cupcakes to lollipops and a shop that sells candies from past generations, if your sweet tooth needs satiated, chances are you will find more than one sweet or treat produced right here in Ohio!
- Spangler Candy Company – Bryan, Ohio – Manufactures a variety of candy including lollipops, candy canes and marshmallow circus peanuts
- Sugardaddy’s Sumptuous Sweeties – Lewis Center, Ohio – Produces 20 flavors of
hand-made, freshly baked brownies and blondies as well as brownie cheesecakes, truffles, biscotti and ice creams
- Cake in a Cup – Toledo, Ohio – Gourmet cupcake bakery that recently won first place on Food Network’s Cupcake Wars
- Boyd’s Retro Candy Store – Toledo, Ohio – Old time candy story offering visitors more than 1,000 candy choices from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s
- Rittman Orchards and Farm Market – Doylestown, Ohio - Family-owned fruit and vegetable farm and farm market in northeast Ohio. Growing the finest apples, peaches, strawberries, raspberries, sweet corn and much, much more since 1922.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website atwww.OhioBusinessProfile.com. Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at 614-995-2168 firstname.lastname@example.org.