FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, September 12, 2011
SECRETARY OF STATE HUSTED ANNOUNCES SEPTEMBER OHIO BUSINESS PROFILES
COLUMBUS – As part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced the companies being featured as part of the Secretary of State’s Ohio Business Profile for September.
“As another school year begins, it’s good to know that many of the products our children use each day are made right here in Ohio,” Secretary Husted said.
This September we’re profiling Ohio businesses that are an integral part of kids heading back school. From educational magazines to school bus equipment, chances are one of this month’s featured businesses touch your child’s life on a daily basis!
- Replex Plastics – Mount Vernon, Ohio – International supplier of high impact, high performance optical domes, mirrors, and custom thermoformed plastic parts used on school buses and playgrounds
- American Whistle Corporation – Columbus, Ohio – Only manufacturer of metal whistles in the nation.
- The Dannon Company – Minster, Ohio – Produces a wide variety of nutritious dairy snacks for kids of all ages.
- Marsh Industries – New Philadelphia, Ohio – Producer of visual communications such as visual display boards, trophy and display case goods.
- Faber-Castell USA – Cleveland, Ohio – 2011 marks the 250th anniversary of this company that specializes in the production of pencils and creative art supply products.
- Highlights for Children – Columbus, Ohio – A company that produces educational publications to help kids experience joy and fun through the use of their innate curiosity, creativity, imagination, and thinking ability.
- Zaner-Bloser – Columbus, Ohio – A publisher of research-based reading, writing, spelling, vocabulary, and handwriting programs.
- Elmer’s Products – Westerville, Ohio – A company producing a variety of products that range from adhesives, arts and crafts, educational and office products for use at home, school or business.
The Ohio Business Profile was launched by Secretary Husted to raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website atwww.OhioBusinessProfile.com. Here, Ohioans may also submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the first half of the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
For more information, please contact Matt McClellan at 614-995-2168 email@example.com.