(877) SOS-OHIO (767-6446)
TTY (614) 466-0562
Toll-free TTY (877) 644-6889
E-mail The Office
180 E. Broad St., 16th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Ohio Secretary of State’s PEO website
- A new URL, www.PEOinOHIO.com, links directly to the PEO page of the website to assist county boards of elections in their marketing efforts. Counties may use this link in their recruitment materials.
- The "Be a Precinct Election Official" page includes an online submission form that allows interested voters to request more information about serving as a PEO. As submissions are received through the website, they will be forwarded via email to the appropriate county board of elections for follow up with the interested voter.
Letter to the Editor from Secretary Husted
- Any county board of elections may request that the SOS press secretary customize this letter and distribute it to its local newspapers (Please send email requests for this letter to Lpietenp@ohiosecretaryofstate.gov ).
Public Service Announcement (PSA)
- To continue to help raise awareness about the need for new PEOs, Secretary Husted has put together a public service announcement. The PSA is a 30 second spot that highlights the initiative and opportunity for Ohioans to get involved by becoming a PEO. The PSA is available for direct access online in various formats. Links have been provided below.
- Please send email requests for this PSA to be customized for your board to Lpietenp@ohiosecretaryofstate.gov.
Self-mailer Sign up Card
- A self-mailer card is available to all boards of elections upon request. Interested voters, who pick up or receive the card, may complete the information on the card and return it through the mail.
- You can request these cards here.
- This recruitment poster can be printed for use by any county board of elections as needed.
- A web widget is a mini-web application any county board of elections may place on its individual web page, blog, or social profile. It easily provides visitors a link to the PEO Recruitment page of the Ohio Secretary of State's website. Each county board of elections may "copy" that code and "embed" it easily into its web page.
- PEO Recruitment and other Secretary of State widgets may be accessed here.
“Refer a Friend” Mailer/Paycheck Insert
- County board of elections may print these documents and insert them into paychecks, letters, etc. that are sent to PEOs, asking that they assist the board's recruitment efforts by passing the information on to family and friends.
- The current PEO who is making the referral may add their name to the inserts to allow county boards of elections to track which current PEOs are referring new PEOs if a county board of elections has an incentive program in place or plans to develop such a program in the future.
- The insert is available here.
PEO Recruitment Best Practices Overview
- County boards of elections are encouraged to share practices they have found useful and think might benefit other boards. To submit a suggestion to the PEO Recruitment Best Practices Overview page, please email your idea to Lpietenp@ohiosecretaryofstate.gov.