(877) SOS-OHIO (767-6446)
TTY (614) 466-0562
Toll-free TTY (877) 644-6889
E-mail The Office
180 E. Broad St., 16th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Ohio By The Numbers
- 4 of 5 - Ohioans that live in a metropolitan area.
- 8 of 43 - More of our country's presidents came from Ohio than from any other state. Eight of 43 American presidents were elected from the Buckeye State, earning Ohio the nickname "Th Mother of Presidents."
- 30 Minutes - Former Governor James Rhodes proposed the idea that a campus of higher education should be within a 30-minute drive for every Ohioan.
- 44% - Percentage of Ohio that is prime farmland.
- 87% - Percentage of Ohioans that are high school graduates.
- 88 - The number of counties in Ohio (and keys on a piano).
- 200 - Ohio produces more than 200 different crops. Corn and soybeans are tops by volume.
- 948 - Ohio's tallest building, the 63-story Key Tower in Cleveland, is 948 feet tall.
- 1899 - The year a Mercer County school teacher named Joseph Oppenheim developed the first manure spreader in response to a number of his students missing school to help their families haul manure.
- 75,000 - The number of spectators at the 1962 All-American Soap Box Derby. This event has been held in Akron since the 1930s.
- $471 Billion - Ohio's total Gross Domestic Product for 2008.