(877) SOS-OHIO (767-6446)
TTY (614) 466-0562
Toll-free TTY (877) 644-6889
E-mail The Office
180 E. Broad St., 16th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
- 948 - Ohio’s tallest building, the 63-story Key Tower in Cleveland, is 948 feet tall.
- 44 percent of Ohio is prime farmland.
- 75,000 - the number of spectators at the 1962 All-American Soap Box Derby. This event has been held in Akron, Ohio since the 1930’s.
- $484 billion - Ohio’s total Gross Domestic Product for 2011.
- 8/44 - More of our country’s presidents came from Ohio than from any other state. Eight of 44 American presidents were elected from the Buckeye State, earning Ohio the nickname “the Mother of Presidents.”
- 200 – Ohio produces more than 200 different crops. Corn and soybeans are tops by volume.
- 88 – the number of counties in Ohio
- 1899 - In 1899, a Mercer County school teacher named Joseph Oppenheim developed the first manure spreader in response to a number of his students missing school to help their families haul manure.
- 30 minutes - Former Governor James Rhodes proposed the idea that a campus of higher education should be within a 30-minute drive for every Ohioan.
- 88 percent of Ohioans are high school graduates.